Sales Rep - STARZ - Wine
Company: Columbia Distributing Co
Posted on: January 30, 2019
Columbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
Sales Representatives are essential to Columbia Distributing's success. This non-commission rep position is responsible for advancing and securing beverage sales in the market, performs functions to secure new business accounts and facilitates the needs of the existing sales accounts. This is accomplished through territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
* Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
* Interact respectfully and maintain dialogue with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers
* Support the rotating and merchandising of product
* Complete all required training to improve performance and effectiveness
* Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
* Create opportunities and develop programs appropriate to customer base.
* Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc. by the required due date.
* Effectively sell the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts
* Minimum visibility in assigned accounts must be equal to or greater than competition
* Increase net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year
* Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed and above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed
* Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives
* General knowledge of industry products
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Effective organizational and time management skills
* Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work.
* Lift, carry, push, pull up to 165 lbs.
* Use arms, wrists, hands, grasp
* Must be proficient in the use of industry tools including hand truck, six wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, days/hours of work vary, and may include weekends.
Local travel only
Required Education and Experience
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Sales Fundamental (which includes Certified Sales Professional-CSP training and certification) required upon hiring; Cicerone level one required within one (1) year of start date
* Minimum two (2) years previous sales experience in beverage industry
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
Preferred Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Previous grocery or retail experience
Columbia Distributing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Columbia Distributing Co, Springfield , Sales Rep - STARZ - Wine, Sales , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!