Manager of Facilities Maintenance
Posted on: March 10, 2019
JOB SUMMARY:Directs all maintenance operations at a health care facility. Manages all aspects of routine maintenance at a hospital including management of the physical plant, electrical delivery systems, medical gas delivery systems, emergency generators, and physical plant troubleshooting and project management. Manages engineering staff including tradespersons, day laborers, electricians, painters, plant engineers, general contractors, journeymen and electrical engineers. May also be responsible for the general safety of the hospital and may act as the designated safety manager. At times, will be required to supervise any general contractor hired to assist the hospital with renovations, new construction or any modifications to the existing structure(s).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, operation of steam distribution systems, air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped medical gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for steam and chilled water. Provides technical assistance to Construction and Design teams if needed. Evaluates, locates and recommends equipment and systems for replacement or upgrades. Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensures building code compliance, proper instillation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects. Manages regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting and project management. Manages and insures compliance with CMS, Federal Accreditation Agencies, State Health Departments, and other regulatory business appointments. Acts as a liaison between the hospital and the local City authorities and regulatory agencies including building code compliance. Prepares and monitors departmental budgets to ensure operation within the approved budget. Interprets policies and procedures to personnel as needed. Manages assigned staff, including hiring, firing, training, coaching, mentoring, development, and performance management. Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures. Develops recommendations for the DM and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures. Meets with operational teams, medical administrative and supervisory staff as well as community groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures. Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility s standards and regulations. Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports. Serves as the regional Maximo CMMS database administrator. Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- Bachelor s degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience, preferred.EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Minimum of five years relevant facilities experience.
- Minimum of three years of facility management experience, preferably within a healthcare environment.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license.
- Certification as a Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) by the American Hospital Association preferred within two years of employment.OTHER SKILLS:
- Knowledge of facilities, safety and security codes, security applications, and current issues related to employee safety regulations as well as state and local regulatory agencies to ensure continued compliance as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of HIPPA, safety, and security regulations as well as the ability to liaison with city, state, county and federal officials.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Proficient in MSOffice applications.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Manager of Facilities Maintenance, Professions , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!