IT Business Analyst
Company: Timber Products Company
Posted on: January 7, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYTimber Products Company is looking for an
experienced IT Business Analyst to advance projects and improve IT
systems. This position will provide application support to the
business by ensuring the effective operation and use of the systems
in accomplishing business objectives. This position will function
as a liaison between the system users and IT to identify and
document business requirements and ensure the systems and
applications provided meet the business needs.MAJOR TASKS
- Develop an understanding of all business processes and
functions (including sales, production scheduling, manufacturing,
order fulfillment and inventory control) and the IT systems and
applications that support those business functions.
- Create detailed business process documentation and workflow
- Elicit business requirements, rules and data needs from staff
across organizational and geographic boundaries using a variety of
methods, such as conducting user interviews, site visits, process
observation, document analysis, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service for reported application
issues - researching and identifying problems and working with IT
towards a quick and appropriate resolution.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources,
reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details,
and distinguish user requests from the underlying needs. Be
forward-thinking and identify gaps between customer-requested
functionality and current/future corporate objectives. Identify and
communicate opportunities for systems modifications to improve
processes and increase productivity.
- Prepare comprehensive, detailed business requirements which
translate the user and business needs into specific software
requirements. Documentation will include, where appropriate, data
and workflow diagrams, use cases, screen and interface design, etc.
Participate in technical design sessions, working with the IT
development team, to provide insight during solution
- Lead application testing efforts, including preparation of test
plans, coordination of user acceptance testing, tracking and
reporting of defects and requirements gaps.
- Partner with both business and technical groups to develop and
maintain an effective working relationship to seek solutions and
make recommendations that meet sponsor and stakeholder needs.
Assist the development team in designing, coding, testing,
deployment, and support of all IT projects and business
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in IT, sales,
accounting/finance, manufacturing or other related business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational
skills, and conceptual, analytical and problem solving
- Basic understanding of business practices, especially supply
chain and accounting preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics AX or Microsoft Dynamics
365 application preferred.
Keywords: Timber Products Company, Springfield , IT Business Analyst, Professions , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!