Supervisor Respiratory Care
Posted on: November 4, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Respiratory Care for a 1.0 full
time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day
shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.Req ID: 178049 JOB
SUMMARYResponsible for operational oversight and supervision of
Respiratory Care staff. Monitoring overall services, developing
quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as
well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and
stewardship of resources. Responsible for staffing and scheduling.
- Links mission into day-to-day operations focusing on meeting
organization and departmental targets; monitoring budget variances;
recommending or developing plans for improvement, and assuring
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates
performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and
initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides
meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies,
procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and
operations of the department. Assures compliance with regulatory
requirements as well as organizational/departmental policies and
- Promotes problem identification, facilitates resolution and
follows up and communicates with Director/staff as necessary.
- Completes weekly payroll process and associated paperwork as
- Acts as a liaison for physicians and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2 year AMA program required. EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Minimum of three years as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
working in critical care required.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Must be a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) licensed by state
licensing board in the state of practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
of hire. OTHER SKILLS:
- Strong administrative, organizational and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including MS office applications as
well as clinical applications. COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC
NOTESSacred Heart Medical Center - RiverBend:
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g. CEU?s, etc.); exceptions
for RCP?s noted above. Supervisor may require AICU or NICU
- Must be able to set up, operate, troubleshoot respiratory
related equipment in a quick and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and equipment. AICU (Adult
Intensive Care Unit) Supervisor
- Must have thorough knowledge of Respiratory Care equipment,
policies, and procedures used in the AICU.
- Thorough knowledge of Bronchoscopy procedures and equipment
- ACLS certification must be obtained within a standard grace
period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth
PolicyResuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) Supervisor
- Must have thourough knowledge of Respiratory Care equipment
used in the NICU and Neonatal Transport.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification at date of
- NRP Instructor certification within 6 months of hire. RIVERBEND
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Please apply online to
be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities,
please attach a current resume with your application. About
PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a
not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities
in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately
16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with
more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban
and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth.
Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and
continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and
social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive
compensation, a robustbenefits package and a collaborative,
Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at
PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our
homepage:www.peacehealth.org/careers. Get a feeling for the Spirit
of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on
Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review ourEmployment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications. Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend
(420)Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift:
DayShift Length: 8 HoursFTE: 1.0Work Type: Full TimeHourly
compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on
experienceRequired Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support;
Respiratory Care Practitioner - Oregon PeaceHealth is committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job
applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses:
protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race;
ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national
origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other
protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job. Posting Notes: Springfield -- Allied,
Ancillary & Clinical Support -- Respiratory Care -- Full Time --
OTHER ANCILLARY SVCSNearest Major Market:EugeneJob Segment:
Manager, Medical, Law, Social Media, Respiratory, Management,
Healthcare, Legal, Marketing
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Supervisor Respiratory Care, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!