Central Admissions Coordinator
Company: Avalon Health Care
Posted on: August 15, 2019
OverviewAvalon Health Care Management, Inc. is seeking an
enthusiastic Central Admissions Coordinator to join our team!
Manage the inquiry and admission process for all Avalon facilities
in Central Admissions and provide customers with facility-related
information via digital and phone conversations, and follow-up.
Coordinate and implement effective communication with facilities
- Respond to inquiry calls from hospital discharge planners,
families, and other referral sources. Manage the admission process
by maintaining updated bed availability and facility services
information for all facilities in central admissions at all times.
Manage the inquiry process professionally, timely and with
appropriate follow-up. Effectively manage occupancy levels and
census/premium mix enhancement.
- Alert appropriate department heads and building staff of
projected admissions.Utilize bed management principles. Maintain a
close working relationship with the Director of Community Relations
to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective
admissions. Recommend admission decisions.. When admissions
determinations are made, communicate with appropriate facility
about appropriate room and bed selection.
- Ensure appropriate admission papers and signatures are obtained
from residents or responsible parties prior to admission.
Communicate special needs of new admits to appropriate facility to
ensure a smooth transition. Schedule transportation and order
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal and state regulations
and reimbursement (Managed Care, Medicare and Medicaid). Provide
assistance with new employee orientations on these topics and the
admission process. Maintain a strong working knowledge of managed
care referral process.
- Monitor inquiry, admission, and census trends as a part of
quality improvement process. Prepare the Monthly Inquiry Summary
Report, an inquiry log and other reports as required. Monitor all
active and inactive inquiries.
- Maintain a database of medical contracts/community resources
along with a knowledge of industry trends and
legislative/regulatory issues and communicate this information to
facility staff and community contacts.
- Comply with, support and enforce Company policies involving all
and regulations regarding residents' rights; promote positive
relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include
presenting a professional appearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Communications or related field
- Two (2) years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing
position or Director of Admissions position in lieu of
- Previous health care community relations experience
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, reimbursement program from
payor sources. required
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email
- Must have proven skills in working independently,
self-motivated and goal directed.
- Formal sales training, adult training, and team building skills
- Must relate professionally to all Avalon employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with
multiple and varied people and organizations.
- Ability to be creative.
- Demonstrates self-confidence.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as admission responsibilities
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an equal employment
opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
INDA125EEOAvalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative
action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844,
Keywords: Avalon Health Care, Springfield , Central Admissions Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!