Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: May 13, 2019
A Manual Machinist will be tasked with a variety of jobs that will
vary from in-house projects, and tool and die building and
maintenance duties. Use of a variety of machinery will be required
to complete these tasks ranging from surface grinders, to manual
vertical mills. While not required, experience with progressive
tool and dies is a big plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
Apply knowledge of machining methods
Read blue prints and job orders correctly
Accurately report time spent on jobs/work orders via time card
program and job order paperwork
Verify conformance of machined parts to specifications using
instruments such as fixed gauges, calipers, and manual or digital
Keep accurate logs of preventative maintenance to machines used
Report to maintenance any necessary information if problems arise
or if machines are not in good working order
Clean up of work area at the end of each workday
Perform various other tasks when required
A CNC Program and Operator will need to be able to perform the
- Analyze specifications.
- Lay out metal stock.
- Set up and operate machine tools.
- Manage Product Flow.
- Maintain and clean all machines and work areas.
- Apply shop mathematics both manually and using
- Working knowledge of metal properties.
- Use specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or
descriptions and be able to visualize product.
- Be able to determine materials required and machines to be used
to fabricate parts.
- Compute dimensions, plan layouts and determine assembly method
and sequence of operation. A CNC Program and Operator will also
need to be able to perform the following tasks:
- Measure, mark and scribe metal stock for machining.
- Perform computer skills in Auto Cad and Esprit
- Verify conformance of machined parts to
- Position and secure parts on surface plates or worktables,
using devices such as vises v-blocks, and angle plates.
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces using scrapers, abrasive
stones, and power grinders.
- Verify dimensions and clearances using measuring instruments
such as dial indicators, gauge blocks or thickness gauges.
- Develop specifications form general descriptions for specialty
tools and draw or sketch designs of the product.
- Report to maintenance any necessary information if problems
arise or if machines are not in good working order.
- Perform other various duties when required. CNC operators will
maintain applicable paper flow and will be responsible for
following all company policies, procedures and safety rules as
outlined in the employee handbook.
Services--, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the
100--- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on
Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make
one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with
work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Springfield , Machinist, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!