Environmental Service Lead
Posted on: January 21, 2023
DescriptionPeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service Lead
for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Evening position. Hourly
compensation is $16.17 - $28.15; hiring rate dependent on
qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of
Collective Bargaining Agreement.Must be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose
series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.JOB
- Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for
assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are
achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all
aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- This position is acts as a team lead for Environmental Service
Attendants as well as responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing
rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area
following established policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical
assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work,
monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback,
oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide
leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal
setting for the team.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels and coordinating
daily operations of team on shift worked.
- Ensures that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected
according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting;
mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings,
furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies;
washing and making beds; defrosting and cleaning
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace
sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean
and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in
a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to
determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping/environmental services
attendant experience in hospital or healthcare setting
- Previous leadership experience preferred.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid drivers
- Bilingual language skills preferred
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong customer service skills.RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may
include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled
linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental
Services Technician (EST) assignment.This position is represented
by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one
opening on this posting.See how PeaceHealth is committed to
Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
.For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.REQNUMBER: 37293
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Environmental Service Lead, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!