Customer Service Representative
Posted on: September 17, 2022
This is an office-based position and will require you to
physically report to our amazing Springfield, OR office. - -
The Wayfair Opportunity:
At Wayfair, we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined
with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our
award-winning Customer Service Team. This isn't just about taking
another phone call- this is about empowering our customers to
create spaces reflecting who they are, what they need, and what
they value. You'll play a crucial role by providing a best in class
experience when it's most needed. Wayfair will give you the
training, tools, and decision-making ability to help our customers
find solutions that work best for them. -
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of
post-order issues such as: shipping questions, damages, returns,
replacements, assembly services and order notifications. No
scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human
interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will
invest in you with continuous development, career opportunities,
and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Service Associate Do?
- Demonstrates Reliability: -Attendance and commitment to being
present for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure
we're ready and available to help our customers when they need us
most. For unexpected events or issues, we require our associates to
be proactive in their communication and planning whenever
- Handles a High Volume of Contacts: You will handle an estimated
50-60 phone calls per shift. This is a fast paced environment and
highly structured. There is little down time in this position as
you are typically on back to back calls during your shift.
- Meets Our High Performance Bar: -You'll work to exceed customer
satisfaction, excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics,
and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Engages Customers: -You'll need a passion for people. You'll be
the voice of Wayfair and work to build a relationship with
customers who contact us by inbound phone call, chats, and emails.
Topics can range from returns, replacements, delivery, product
availability, order status, and more.
- Listens Actively and Shows Empathy: -You will actively listen
to understand relevant customer information to find the best way to
solve their problem quickly and thoroughly.
- De-Escalates Customer Concerns: -Most customers contact us
because they've had a problem and need your help. You will use your
conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer
with the options from the business while always maintaining a
- Problem Solves: -Solutions aren't a one-size-fits-all approach
so customer service associates do not read from pre-populated
scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers
find the right solution. You'll need to think analytically to solve
customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitasks: -You'll need to juggle navigating multiple
browsers, tabs, tools, and screens in order to quickly and
effectively answer questions. The ideal customer service
representative will be familiar with computers and can effectively
navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalates Systemic Issues: -Help us continuously improve.
You'll identify areas where improvement is needed and share those
trends with leadership.
What are the Pay & Benefits?
- Hourly rate starts at $16.85 per hour with the opportunity to
earn up to the equivalent of $21.00 per hour through our quarterly
bonus incentive program.
- Tenure increases starting as early as 6 months
- Referral Bonus ($500 per eligible referral)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurances (coverage starts on Day
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
- Volunteer Day for Community Service (Paid Day Off)
PERKS: Our Springfield office is a newly renovated, open concept,
green friendly workspace offering:
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and gourmet coffee
- On-site gym, exercise studio & basketball court
- On-site game room with Nintendo Switch, board games & ping pong
- On site cafeteria plus numerous nearby restaurants
- 4 single-suite gender neutral bathrooms
What are the Requirements?
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must hold a High School Diploma, GED, or
- A knowledge of working within Windows Operating Systems or
- Wayfair wants to ensure your success. This is why our training
is 100% mandatory. We are unable to accommodate any misses, days
off, or tardiness during this time.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the
home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or
Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're
reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our
commitment to industry-leading technology and creative
problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the
most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid
growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find
that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're
a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who
celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives
make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We
value and rely on the collective voices of our employees,
customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a
better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every
perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability,
gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months
to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your
personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy
Notice (which can found ). If you have any questions regarding our
processing of your personal data, please contact us at
email@example.com. If you would rather not have us
retain your data please contact us anytime at .
Keywords: Wayfair, Springfield , Customer Service Representative, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!