RN - Labor & Delivery
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: May 9, 2022
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Labor & Delivery for a Full Time,
0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99,
more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance
with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a
collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients,
families and all members of the care delivery team.
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
* Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to
* Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance
with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and
* Participates in the development of and maintains established
hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement,
safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
* Specialty certification preferred.
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
* Additional education in acute care perinatal nursing
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
* Three years Labor & Deliver or postpartum acute care nursing
experience within the last 10 years required.
* Labor & Delivery or postpartum acute care CNA experience, 30 CEUs
in perinatal nursing within the last year, 200 hours perinatal
clinical experience within the last two years and/or a formal
perinatal training program within the last two years may substitute
for some of all of this requirement OR successful completion of an
approved training course/orientation and standard competencies
within six months of hire required.
* Bilingual Spanish preferred.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
* ACLS certification at date of hire.
* NRP certification at date of hire.
* See community specific document for each Unit/Department required
* Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal
relationships and patient/family centered work environment
* Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy
* Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University
* Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred
Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have
completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific
competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the
unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant
nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
* Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
* Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
* Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention
to detail (34-65% of work time).
* Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield,
respirator, and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Springfield , RN - Labor & Delivery, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!