Power & Recovery Technical Assistant
Company: International Paper Company
Posted on: January 11, 2022
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to
make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite
Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International
Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and
packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the
environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than
100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can
collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future
success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and
supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your
destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and
total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper's Springfield, Oregon paper mill is currently
seeking a Technical Assistant for the Power and Recovery Area. The
Springfield Mill is a 1,650+ ton per day containerboard mill. The
Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Power and
Recovery Team with the leadership, coordination and technical
expertise to support and optimize the day-to-day operations of the
Power and Recovery Area. This position reports to the Recovery
Business Unit Manager.
* Display safety leadership above all things and at all times and
ensure the highest expectations are in place with respect to
* Lead process problem solving and process optimization to improve
energy efficiency and equipment uptime.
* Supervise area chemical suppliers and manage chemical trials and
* Support Mill Process Control Team to assure DCS controls are
maintained and optimized
* Support the Area Team and Reliability Group in reliability
investigations and timely completion of RCFA action items
* Support Area Team as 5S Champion
* Support the Mill Manufacturing Excellence team to identify and
implement cost reduction projects
* Participate in the development and execution of capital
* Assist Area Managers and First Line Leaders in Operator Training
* Assist Area Manager and OMC in process management and maintenance
preperation, including LOTO development.
* Technical education consisting of BS or higher in chemical or
mechanical engineering, pulp and paper technology, or equivalent
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in pulp, paper or power
* Active participation in safety, labor relations, problem solving
and other committee/team activities.
* Hands-on experience in education/training, maintenance planning
and scheduling with high degree of computer skills.
* Direct involvement with customer service related to product and
* Green/Yellow Belt Certification desirable.
* Excellent written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
* Strong technical knowledge related to the manufacturing
* Problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to manage and/or lead projects and teams of people.
* Proven leadership ability in guiding a customer-focused
organization to meet its business objectives.
* Acton Oriented
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Priority Setting
* Timely Decision Making
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Springfield OR 97478
Springfield, OR, US, 97478
Date: Dec 15, 2021
If you are not finding suitable opportunities now, please click
below to join our talent community!
Join Our Community
Keywords: International Paper Company, Springfield , Power & Recovery Technical Assistant, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!