Associate Software Developer
Company: PacificSource Health Plans
Posted on: April 6, 2019
Join a team of enthusiastic technologists to build and extend our
next generation of web services. We are creating a suite of
comprehensive APIs to power our web and mobile applications in an
environment of growth and change. Design, document, develop,
configure, test, and maintain mission-critical applications and
data solutions. Investigate and resolve system problems. Provide
information system solutions to internal departments and external
customers and partners. Analyze requirements, understanding
business processes and needs. Recommend solutions to achieve the
business goals. Complete projects with cross-functional teams of IT
peers and business partners. Manage time and requirements
expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user
- Develop standardized parameterized reports using Microsoft SQL
Reporting Services from multiple data sources.
- Support end users on the use of reports and reporting
- Actively participate in the Data Quality improvement process by
making recommendations to simplify data structures and improve
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements and reduce
waste using the LEAN methodology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reporting issues; data
inconsistencies, scheduling, query performance.
- Keep current on current trends, best practices and technologies
in BI and make appropriate recommendations to technology planning
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models or "Cubes" to
meet specific business requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop,
program, and configure mission-critical applications and/or web
portals. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments.
Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security,
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system
problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other
internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of
work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide
regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.Supporting
- Meet department and company performance and attendance
regulations concerning confidentiality and security of protected
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: At least one year of relevant experience in
software development and analysis in a business environment
required. Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor's degree or
equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related
field. Knowledge: Requires ability to define and prioritize
problems in a timely manner. Manage workload within a team
environment or without direct supervision. Investigate and resolve
data anomalies and/or software defects. Conform to IT standards and
methodologies. Must be able to take direction from a knowledge
holder that could be a manager, technical staff or user. Quickly
learn and apply new business or technical concepts. Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers' experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to
foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many
communities-internal and external.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement and
the pursuit of excellence. Environment: Work inside in a general
office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is
required approximately 5% of the time. Physical Requirements: Stoop
and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while
performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include
typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and
business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and
spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively. Disclaimer:
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this position and is subject to
change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Employment remains AT-WILL at all times. PacificSource is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to status as a
protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or
other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. #DCE
Keywords: PacificSource Health Plans, Springfield , Associate Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!