Network and Security Administrator
Company: PacificSource Health Plans
Posted on: March 31, 2019
Position Overview:Provide implementation and administration
relating to hardware, software, processes and procedures for
network and security control infrastructure systems within the
organization, with a focus on security and availability. Provide
escalation support for issues as required. Manage and support
network hardware, software, and security devices and controls.
- Design, build, and maintain network and security infrastructure
in alignment with business needs, strategic goals, and IT plan of
- Implement and administer network components including switches,
routers, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection and
prevention, log collection and analysis, hypervisor and endpoint
- Work with other Infrastructure teams in areas of shared
responsibility to ensure design goals and requirements are
- Partner with Information Security to maintain security and
integrity of all infrastructure elements and ensure all security
processes, procedures, and standards are properly implemented.
- Research and understand current and emerging technologies.
- Recommend enhancements and new solutions to anticipate business
needs and cultivate continuous improvement.
- Contribute as an effective team member toward project work.
Participate in project manager-led meetings, status updates, and
- Regularly monitor and review system and application health and
integrity. Troubleshoot and diagnose issues, work with appropriate
IT staff or vendor support to remedy problems.
- Serve as second-level escalation point for Technical Services
for user-reported issues. Manage problem and request ticketing a
timely and effective fashion while providing an excellent customer
- Participate in vulnerability management, audit, and assessment
efforts as required.
- Perform all necessary software and hardware maintenance.
- Respond to alert and outage escalation events as required.
- Manage vendor relationship including purchasing and
- Conduct and/or produce end-user and trainer training for areas
and technologies of responsibility.
- Appropriately prioritize work, work with limited or no
supervision, follow prescribed standards and policies including
change management procedures.
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels of the
organization in the use and troubleshooting of technology and
related incidents. Supporting Responsibilities:
- Meet department and company performance and attendance
regulations concerning confidentiality and security of protected
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: 3-6 years of relevant network and security
infrastructure administration experience are required. Education,
Certificates, Licenses: B.S. in an IT Infrastructure-related
discipline or related field or equivalent experience required.
Relevant vendor certifications are desirable. Knowledge: Experience
with many aspects of IP networking, traditional and
software-defined WAN, firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS,
virtualization, scripting and shell environments, log collection
and analysis, endpoint and other network and security products.
Excellent communication skills. Competencies Our Values
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers' experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to
foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our
communities-internal and external.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement,
and the pursuit of excellence. Environment: Work inside in a
general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment.
Travel is required approximately 10% of the time. Limited work
inside datacenter, IDF, and office facilities in various states of
construction. Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or
stand for extended periods of time while performing core job
functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and
filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials.
Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English.
Communicate clearly and effectively. Mounting/securing of
potentially heavy infrastructure equipment and cabling inside
datacenter and IDF rooms. Disclaimer: This job description
indicates the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at
all times. PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified
individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or age.
Keywords: PacificSource Health Plans, Springfield , Network and Security Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!