Senior Software Developer - Web - Springfield
Company: PacificSource Health Plans
Posted on: December 28, 2018
Join a team of enthusiastic technologists to build and extend our next generation of web services. We're creating a suite of comprehensive APIs to power our web and mobile applications in an environment of growth and change. The successful candidate will have a strong background in service API design, implementation, and maintenance. This position requires an individual with a desire to understand how data flows across numerous systems, and expose blended functionality from these systems as fluent APIs. Leadership responsibilities include steering decisions regarding new solutions and implementation patterns, as well as guiding external department staff as necessary to achieve improved system functionality. We're developing using modern practices on the Microsoft stack, so an interest in using C# to create web APIs, Windows Services, Service Bus applications, and other components is crucial.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Design solutions to process data, and provide integration with other systems or applications. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments and other IT staff to improve customer experience.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Top level escalation for troubleshooting support to other staff members.
- Design and apply new methods and procedures. Develop and test systems, programs, workflows, reports, and databases. Focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to management and stakeholders.
- Depending on focus, maintain existing functionality in company web portals by working with internal and external users to develop new portal features or install new versions of vendor software and perform unit, system, and integrated tests. Work closely with related staff to upgrade and maintain systems.
- Train users in technical aspects of systems.
- Leadership role in selection and recommendation of suppliers and vendors. Participate in management of those relationships.
- Develop and maintain metrics to provide visibility to system functions and company operational data. Educate stakeholders on metrics.
- Advocate for standard use of technology to improve company efficiency, system accuracy and correctness, and customer value. Advocate use of technology to empower stakeholders.
- Prioritize work effectively to ensure both success of projects and smooth operation of existing functions. Supporting Responsibilities:
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Work Experience: 7+ years of application or service development and integration required. Health industry experience is useful, as is Enterprise IT experience. Education, Certificates, Licenses: BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. MS or MBA preferred. Knowledge: Required technical experience includes at least three years' experience in web service design and implementation. Other relevant experience includes the following: Web portal development, IIS, ASP, T-SQL, SSIS. .Net programming experience is desirable. Strong troubleshooting skills. Advanced experience with databases. Ability to learn new concepts and languages quickly. Ability to work in a team as well as independently. Additional desired experience includes: Service Buses, C#, ASP.NET, WCF or Web API, ReSTful Services, TriZetto Facets - technical integration. Database programming, Project management experience. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Must be able to engage with all levels of the organization, vendors, and customers. Competencies Our Values
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers' experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement, and the pursuit of excellence. Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time. Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively. Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times. PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age.
Keywords: PacificSource Health Plans, Springfield , Senior Software Developer - Web - Springfield, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!