Associate Software Developer
Company: PacificSource Health Plans
Posted on: December 26, 2018
Join a team of enthusiastic technologists to build and extend our next generation of web services. We are creating a suite of comprehensive APIs to power our web and mobile applications in an environment of growth and change.
Design, document, develop, configure, test, and maintain mission-critical applications and data solutions. Investigate and resolve system problems. Provide information system solutions to internal departments and external customers and partners. Analyze requirements, understanding business processes and needs. Recommend solutions to achieve the business goals. Complete projects with cross-functional teams of IT peers and business partners. Manage time and requirements expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user satisfaction.
- Develop standardized parameterized reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services from multiple data sources.
- Support end users on the use of reports and reporting tools.
- Actively participate in the Data Quality improvement process by making recommendations to simplify data structures and improve information quality.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements and reduce waste using the LEAN methodology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reporting issues; data inconsistencies, scheduling, query performance.
- Keep current on current trends, best practices and technologies in BI and make appropriate recommendations to technology planning team.
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models or "Cubes" to meet specific business requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop, program, and configure mission-critical applications and/or web portals. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments. Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security, and functionality.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: At least one year of relevant experience in software development and analysis in a business environment required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related field.
Knowledge: Requires ability to define and prioritize problems in a timely manner. Manage workload within a team environment or without direct supervision. Investigate and resolve data anomalies and/or software defects. Conform to IT standards and methodologies. Must be able to take direction from a knowledge holder that could be a manager, technical staff or user. Quickly learn and apply new business or technical concepts.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers' experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internal and external.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence.
Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time.
Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Keywords: PacificSource Health Plans, Springfield , Associate Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!