42A Human Resources Specialist
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: March 7, 2019
42A Human Resources Specialist
Job ID: 1057590
Job Views: 20
Location: SPRINGFIELD, Oregon, United States
ZIP Code: 97477
Job Category: Administrative
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
When a Soldier has a question about benefits, policy, or needs help with a sensitive issue, the Army National Guard's Human Resources Specialist is the primary go-to person. As an HR Specialist, you will help Soldiers develop their Guard careers and provide personnel support and assistance to all divisions within the Guard.
Specific responsibilities of the HR Specialist may include: organizing, maintaining, and reviewing personnel records; data entry and retrieval; processing recommendations; arranging awards ceremonies; preparing, updating, and coordinating requests for evaluations; preparing and monitoring Soldier requests for ID cards and tags, leaves of absence, and passes; ordering and maintaining office supplies; and maintaining filing systems.
* Assist on all human resource support matters
* Oversight of all strength management and strength distribution actions
* Responsible for the readiness, health, and welfare of all Soldiers
* Postal and personnel accountability support
* Maintain emergency notification data
* Aptitude for business administration
* Able to follow detailed orders
* Sound people skills
Plus, you'll be building a better future. In civilian life, an HR Specialist could work in any business that requires personnel or human resources experience. The payroll, timekeeping, and human resources departments of most companies require the kinds of skills acquired as an HR Specialist in the National Guard.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 9 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction, where you will learn basic typing skills, how to prepare Army correspondence and forms, how to manage personnel records, and computer update and retrieval procedures.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Springfield , 42A Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!