RN CNL - Professional Practice Leader - Perioperative Services - Relo Assistance up to 20K
Posted on: April 7, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN CNL - Professional Practice Leader -
Perioperative Services - Relo Assistance up to 20K for a 1.0 full
time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day
shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 162610--
Leads transformational patient care delivery providing coaching,
mentorship and education for the assigned workforce. Engages the
nursing staff to practice to the full scope of their professional
practice. Serves as a resource for evidence-based practice for the
nursing staff. Conducts daily rounds highlighting and prioritizing
unmet patient needs. Works at the point of care delivery to
transfer knowledge and patient outcomes management to the nursing
team. Coordinates interdisciplinary relationships. Serves as an
advanced generalist. Provides a catalyst for improving the quality
and safety of patients, as well as the patient experience. Provides
responsiveness to changes in patient care work and develops
standardized workflows to improve the work environment and clinical
- Provides oversight for continuous innovation in the areas of
clinical quality, safety, care coordination, patient/family
education and the patient experience. Builds capacity for clinical
inquiry and performance improvement in the nursing staff.
- Conducts small tests of change using rapid action improvement
framework and lean principles. Ensures core measure compliance is
integrated into the unit-based workflows as designed.
- Develops sustainability model for deployed interventions to
improve patient outcomes.
- Integrates the nursing model and components of the model into a
cohesive framework consistent in all essential role functions and
interactions with patients and staff. Communicates and collaborates
with all members of the healthcare team to actualize the care
- Educates the nursing staff on new research and evidence-based
practice at the point of care. Serves as a Preceptor for students
pursuing a Bachelors' degree in Nursing.
- Leads nursing shared governance councils or committees as
- Compares system-wide, facility-wide and unit-specific data
against established benchmarks and targets. Collects additional
data through medical record reviews, audits and interviews.
- Participates in the review of electronic incident reports and
serious safety events. May participate in the Root Cause Analysis
process and subsequent action planning. Identifies problem areas in
the delivery of patient care and revises complex patient care plans
to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Attends meetings and Daily Management System (DMS) huddles to
identify opportunities to intervene in the care of complicated
patients and opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Participates in one or more of PeaceHealth's Clinical
Excellence Initiatives, researching evidence-based practices and
creating or updating policies, procedures, guidelines or nursing
standards of care accordingly.
- Participates in the interview process for new nursing staff to
the unit, using quality matching techniques to identify top
candidates for the position. Provides input to the Nurse Manager
during selection of final candidate.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and Clinical Educator to
identify and assess practice gaps. Suggests clinical practice
components to incorporate into orientation, ongoing training and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing
is required upon hire
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in perioperative
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive leadership experience
- Demonstrates competence in area of expertise.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- Depending on area of specialty, ACLS, PALS, NRP or TNCC may be
required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as
specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- ANCC certification in specialty area of nursing practice
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Strong customer service skills including effective
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Ability to apply all aspects of the nursing process and care
- Ability to develop strong partnerships to deliver optimal care
and enhance outcomes.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization/critical thinking skills with the ability
to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills to include ability to document, evaluate and
manage patient outcomes.
SACRED HEART-RIVERBEND PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting 67-100%
of the time.
- Ability to seldom lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit
our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $52.05, more depending on
Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Leadership -- Nursing Leadership --
Full Time -- HOSPITAL ADMIN
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , RN CNL - Professional Practice Leader - Perioperative Services - Relo Assistance up to 20K, Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!