Clinical Nurse Educator - Med/Surg
Posted on: February 25, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator for a 0.7 FTE position to support the Med-Surg Nursing units at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon. In this role, will work 28 hours each week, providing clinical education to the Medical/Acute Care Elderly, Rehab, and Floatpool nursing departments at Sacred Heart's University District campus in Eugene, Oregon. In addition, may provide training on our clinical excellence initiatives.
Req ID: 162676
We offer :
- generous relocation assistance
- a competitive salary and benefits package.
- a great location to work, live, and play
- an organizaiton dedicated to safe patient care and clinical excellence
Located just two hours South of Portland, Oregon, and an hour from the Pacific Ocean, the Eugene-Springfield area are adventure-driven destinations. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along the nearby ocean beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along the many miles of bicycle paths. We offer something for everyone, with year around outdoor activities, sporting events, and a wide array of educational and cultural activities at the Museums of Art and Natural History, the University of Oregon, and the Hult Center for Performing Arts.
Act in a Clinical Nurse Educator role for a specific unit(s)/department (Medical/ACE, Rehab, Floatpool). Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the network and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support and inter-professional orientation, in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency and attainment of standards of care for direct care within patient care services, PHMG and or Ambulatory care Services. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes.
1. Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing, professional practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
2. Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
3. Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
4. Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
5. Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
6. Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps. .
7. Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those requiring remediation to meet competency expectations.
8. Researches best practice to promote evidence-based practice.
9. Assesses caregiver engagement, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness to achieve clinical excellence.
10. Ensures training and competency are documented using standard tools and learning management systems (LMS).
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- MSN or M.Ed. preferred
- Nursing specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN in acute care.
- Minimum of one year of recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Current Oregon RN license by date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development within 5 years in clinical nurse educator role.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SACRED HEART MEDICAL CENTER - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $43.02, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Nursing -- Medical/Surgical Nursing -- Part Time -- HUMAN RESOURCES
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Clinical Nurse Educator - Med/Surg, Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!