RN - Emergency Department - up to 20k relo
Posted on: February 16, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department - up to 20k relo for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Evening shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
Req ID: 169503--Shift 1500-0330.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ADN or BSN from an accredited nursing school required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.--
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current or one year of significant and recent ED experience (within the past 3 years) required OR successful completion of the SHMC ED training program required OR successful completion of an approved training course / orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
- ED experience in like sized and like-census ED; Trauma Level 2 or greater; experience at a Magnet or Academic Hospital; experience with shared governance model; hospital accredited and certified by DNV or TJC preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.--
- BLS and ACLS at date of hire
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- Specialty emergency certification preferred; certification endorsed by ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) preferred
- Membership to ENA preferred
- SANE certification preferred
- TCAR or PCAR preferred--
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend:
- ED - Care of patient requiring reversal of anticoagulants, administration and monitoring of tPA seizure management and emergent EVD. Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
--- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.60, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Nursing --Emergency Services Nursing -- Full Time -- EMERGENCY SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , RN - Emergency Department - up to 20k relo, Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!