Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Company: Options Counseling and Family Services
Posted on: February 2, 2019
**This position is eligible for a signing bonus**
Provides psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and psychotherapy for children and adults in a community mental health clinic.Will work effectively as a mental health team to assist individuals and families in solving physical, mental, and social health problems.Responsibilities include initial and updated psychiatric evaluations, routine follow-up care, and medication management. Oversight and review of QMHPs' annual assessments and individual services and support plans. Must be designated as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
Licensed or license-eligible PMHNP in the State of Oregon. Prescriptive experience required. Incumbent must have a DEA Registration number and meet any other credentialing requirements.
Excellent organizational skills along with effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required. Must have knowledge of current trends and concepts of professional nursing practices, as well as the principles and practices of common health problems, mental health, clinical assessment, and continuity of patient care and community aspects of health services. Knowledge of common health problems, causes, treatment and prevention of communicable diseases, handicapping conditions, mental illness and other disabling conditions. Must be knowledgeable on laws and regulations relating to the practice of medicine and nursing science basic to medicine (anatomy, psychophysiology, pharmacology, and microbiology). Able to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure. Should be able to interface with mental health therapists and the medical community. Should have excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management and record keeping software. Must have respectful, open, unbiased, accepting attitude toward clients and their families.
Prefer at least two years of psychiatric nursing experience, but will consider a recent graduate. Bilingual, Spanish/English, a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate patient behavior, perform mental health assessments, construct and interpret a medical history, interpret selected laboratory tests, and identify problems and develop and implement treatment plans for patients
- Prescribe and manage patient medication
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Assess for social service and chemical dependency needs and connect clients to appropriate in house case manager or clinician for referral
- Instruct in the prevention of disease, good health practices, and the health care of an ill or injured person
- Coordinate with other psychiatric and other medical services as needed
- Participate in case/psychiatric consultation
- When needed, share patient coverage with other In-House Nurse Practitioners/Psychiatrists
- Available after hours for emergent consultation with on-call therapists
- Receive clinical supervision from Psychiatric Medical Consultant, and emergent case consultation and administrative supervision as needed with Regional Director
- Provide Psychiatric consultation to the Mental Health Therapist and the NP Assistant, as needed
- Review and approve annual assessments and annual individual services and supports plans of QMHPs for continuation of services if determined medically necessary
- Assist NP Assistant and Therapist Liaison in responding to patient applications for Social Security Income
- Provide harm reduction counseling services around alcohol and drug use issues
- Work with Mental Health Liaison and Nurse Practitioner Assistant to refer clients for treatment, follow-up, and advocacy
- Serve as a resource to clinic providers and staff, regarding clients with mental health issues
- Coordinate treatment of shared clients as needed with primary care providers
- Assist in referral and transfer of clients to other service systems
- Participate in the development of standardized procedures, and in accordance with established protocol
- Attend meetings and participate as a team member with the Mental Health Program to coordinator and improve operations
- Maintain accurate and current client records, including timely Individualized Service and Support Plans (ISSPs, treatment plans, authorization requests, and weekly progress notes within the electronic client record (ECR), and sign documents to meet federal and state regulatory standards
- Remain current and compliant with all charting and service delivery requirements for successful third party billing as determined by Regional Director, Finance Officer, and Billing Department
- Extended periods of time sitting or standing at work station updating client records, phone work, and therapy sessions
- Mobility and dexterity sufficient to assist clients and handle required job related functions and move about the facility
- Ability to cope with clients who may use challenging or offensive language with potential for escalation to physical aggression
- May be required to work afternoon, evening, and/or weekend hours
Keywords: Options Counseling and Family Services, Springfield , Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!