Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: January 10, 2022
JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant II
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
FLSA: Non-ExemptAdvantage Dental Oral Health Center and its family
of affiliated practices (Sarrell Dental & Eye, Community Dental
Care) are working to revolutionize oral health care for communities
across the United States. To do this, we take a unique,
industry-leading approach to care delivery by creating lasting
healthy outcomes through positive dental experiences. We call this
all-in approach Preventistry--.Advantage Dental and affiliate
practices are bound by a mission: To improve the oral health of
all. Comprised of 80 practices, over 200 providers and more than
800 support employees throughout six states, our network of
practices provide care to over a quarter of a million patients
annually. Join our team to be part of something greater, driving
change that supports a more effective oral health care system.
Together we are creating healthy, confident smiles across the
Nation. JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of a Dentist in a
practice care setting, assists the dentist in providing dental
treatment. PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting with patient paperwork, including
charting dental needs and documenting patient oral and medical
- Assists dentist(s) in all clinical and chairside dental
procedures, which includes patient management through
- Responsible for utilizing inventory appropriately and
management of dental supplies.
- Responsible for taking and developing x-rays as prescribed by
the dentist while following radiographic safety measures, upon
- Performs sterilization and disinfection techniques of dental
instruments and treatment rooms as required by OSHA, CDC, and ADA
- Communicates effectively and compassionately to patients about
dental treatment needs and recommendations as prescribed by the
dentist(s); this includes discussing home care and post-operative
care after procedures and surgeries.
- Prepares various materials such as dental cements, impression
materials or other restorative materials as prescribed by the
dentist(s) or hygienist.
- Responsible for setup of treatment room, to include keeping the
room organized and properly maintained.
- Following appropriate training, responsible for the maintenance
of all dental equipment.
- Assists in the prevention and management of dental medical
- Assists with Front Desk or other administrative duties as
- Attends and participates in team meetings, and effectively
works in collaboration with others to achieve business
- Maintains patient records in compliance with HIPAA.
- Other duties as needed or required. JOB
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a dental assistant.
- Knowledge of insurance and treatment plans
- For states that have advanced
certifications or licensure for expanded functions, at least one of
the following certifications may be required to meet job
expectations: EFDA, EFODA, EFOSA, etc. Certified in Expanded
Functions, non restorative, where required by state, to perform
skills such as coronal polish, sealant application, temporary
restorations and monitoring nitrous oxide.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and manage time
- Current CPR, BLS or PALS required or ability to obtain within
30 days of start date.
- Radiology certificate as required by state, or willingness to
obtain within 180 days of start date.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday and occasional weekends as
scheduled and based on business needs
- Ability to maintain continuing education (CE) as required by
state or business requirements.
- Ability to travel to work at other practices as needed.PHYSICAL
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out
position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office
environment. The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform
this position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan,
employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable
laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and
report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's
Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program
affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified
individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation
of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional
information regarding this Program.
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Springfield , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!