Company: Oregon Urology Institute
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Oregon Urology Institute has a full time Coder position
available.This is a full time 40 hour per week benefited
positionCompleted COVID vaccination is required.Under general
supervision, evaluates medical records and charge tickets to ensure
completeness, accuracy and compliance with the Clinical
Modification (ICD-10-CM) and CPT manual coding. Provides technical
guidance and training on medical coding to physicians and staff,
reviewing and correcting denied claims and performs related duties
as required.Typical Physical Demands:requires sitting for prolonged
periods of time and some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires
hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary for the
operation of basic office equipment such as a computer, calculate,
copier and telephone. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Requires the ability to work quickly and accurately under
stress.Typical Working Conditions:Work is performed in an office
environment. Involves contact with patients and internal
staff.Example of Duties:(This may not include all of the duties
- Evaluates medical record documentation and charge ticket coding
and complies with legal standards and guidelines
- Provides technical guidance to physicians and other
departmental staff in identifying and resolving issues or errors,
such as incomplete or missing records and documentation, educates
and advises staff on proper code selection, documentation,
procedures, and requirements, identifies training needs.
- Answers incoming business office calls.
- Interacting with patient in person and on telephone regarding
- Review and process denied claims
- Send appeal letters to insurance carriers as needed.
- Assist with accounts receivables follow up.
- Keep current with all insurance company policy changes.
- Cross-train on other department duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Experience and
Skills:Performance Requirements: Knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT
coding guidelines; medical terminology, English grammar and usage.
Ability to research and analyze data and resolve issues.
Confidentiality, knowledge of OUI financial policies, medical
Keywords: Oregon Urology Institute, Springfield , Medical Coder, Healthcare , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!