Manager of Infection Prevention
Posted on: May 30, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Infection Prevention for a 1.0
full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 166443
Leads the coordination of the Infection Prevention department and
responsible for assuring day to day operations of the assigned
network to assure that PeaceHealth implements best practices and
processes to reduce and eliminate hospital acquired infections,
incorporates appropriate vaccination and prevention strategies, and
accurate methods of surveillance and reporting of infection rates.
Responsible for results including costs, methods, and staffing.
Responsible for operational performance, quality, service
environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the
form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet
schedules and goals. Ensure that PeaceHealth meets or exceeds all
regulatory and accreditation requirements associated with infection
control. Responsible, in collaboration with other health care team
members, for the surveillance of healthcare acquired infections;
educating caregivers about infection prevention; and developing
policies and procedures to insure rigorous infection prevention and
control standards to reduce the risk of infection to patients,
visitors, and caregivers. Assures compliance with external agency
guidelines including accreditation bodies, OSHA, State Epidemiology
and Public Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control
- Leads all components of the infection control program within
assigned network including identifying infection prevention
opportunities, monitoring infection prevention outcomes and process
metrics, and implementation of system initiatives.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting
organization/departmental targets, and recommends or develops plans
for improvement, and assuring regulatory compliance.
- Manages assigned staff and is responsible for hiring,
corrective action, and dismissal. Evaluates performance and
accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates
performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful
and constructive feedback.
- Works with system leadership to develop policies, procedures,
and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the
- Participates in the creation of system standards for
supporting, developing and managing infection prevention
initiatives. Partners to develop systems to monitor quality,
integrity and implements solutions.
- Prepares operational reports including the preparation of
conclusions and recommendations, based on data summaries and other
findings; consult with staff, outside agencies, and associations to
obtain information; makes recommendations to director on emerging
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in public health, epidemiology,
nursing (AA degree acceptable) or medical technology program
(American Society for Clinical Pathology), or other equivalent
discipline, or experience in the field of infectious disease and
- Master's in Nursing, Public Health or Epidemiology
- Minimum of 5 years of infection preventionist in a hospital
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in infection prevention practices,
microbiology, epidemiology and adult learning
- Professional certification in infection control (CIC) strong
preferred, must be obtained within 1 year of date of hire.
- Maintain membership and active participation in the Association
for Practitioners in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA).
- If RN or other healthcare professional, must have current state
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to gather and organize data in a thorough and effective
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated system analysis, design and independent thinking
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Ability to work well with others, make decisions, problem solve
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Resides within the community or system office as needed.--
- Willing to travel as required to support community infection
SHMC - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal physical exertion including sitting,
standing and walking up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 10 lbs.--
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail up to 80% of work time.
- Work may require use of PPE Including gloves, gown, mask and
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit
our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Business, Administrative & Facilities
-- Risk Management & Quality -- Full Time -- QUALITY
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Manager of Infection Prevention, Executive , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!