Nurse Manager - Oncology
Posted on: May 13, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager - Oncology for a 1.0 full
time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working
Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 171765
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with
responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing
for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible
for operational performance, quality, service environment and
regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of
objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within
the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized,
safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team
and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit:
supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes;
staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient
care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance
assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion
of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the
department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and
problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care
within the limits of available resources.--
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the
hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care;
carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse
practice act requirements and to other governing agency
regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship
with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational,
quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited
school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.--
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership
responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related
professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary
SHMC RB- PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation, or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once
per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit
our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $53.09, more depending on
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered
Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Leadership -- Nursing Leadership --
Full Time -- ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Nurse Manager - Oncology, Executive , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!