Restaurant General Manager 9243 Main Street and vicinity
Company: FOR NORTHWEST
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Reports to: District ManagerFLSA status type: Exempt Full Time
SalaryRestaurant General ManagerPosition OverviewThe Restaurant
General Manager is the face of Ambrosia QSR. This is a full-time
position responsible for the overall restaurant operations, guest
service, employee engagement and profitability. Specific duties
include but are not limited to the implementation and execution of
guest service, food safety and quality control as well as other
policies and procedures. Restaurant General Managers are expected
to work in the front of the house and be leading the team during
peak business hours to ensure their team is working together and
guests have a quality dining experience. Proficiency in all
restaurant positions and operations is a must. It is essential the
Restaurant General Manager takes ownership of all operations and
consistently sets goals and outline specific timelines for the team
to ensure all established metrics are achieved. Restaurant General
Managers are expected to perform tasks/routine job duties assigned
to them.Job ResponsibilitiesProfitability
- Validate that all food is prepared following company recipes
and ensures safety standards are adhered to. Accounts for all sales
within the point of sale system and inventory tracking systems are
effectively utilized within the restaurant. If necessary, create
and implement extra measures to resolve concerns about
- Manage all controllable expenses and place orders to meet the
needs of the restaurant. Use and manage existing systems and
guidelines to control expenses. Develop strategies and implement
policies to improve operational efficiencies. Maintain good working
relationships with vendors.
- Ensure all equipment, small wares, food, and paper products are
used for their intended purpose. Make certain all equipment is
cleaned and all scheduled preventive maintenance is performed to
ensure everything is safe for use and working effectively.
Trouble-shoot and repair minor equipment in a timely manner. Report
non-functioning equipment immediately.
- Manage staff to adhere to all cash and banking policies and
procedures. Verify all asset protection systems are used and
- Model and promote friendliness and a sense of urgency with the
team. Greet and thank every guest and invite them to return.
- Prioritize rush ready and service needs to ensure that every
guest has an exceptional visit, every time. Resolve issues with
positivity and sound judgement.
- Walk through the entire restaurant checking on guests at their
tables, asking how their meal was, and verifying that bathrooms and
building exterior is inviting and safe.
- Maintain familiarity with the market trade area so that
decisions can be made relevant to guests and community support.Team
- Provide training and development for the management team and
staff. Execute performance appraisals in the timetable set forth by
- Recruit, train and develop restaurant management and staff.
Follow training plans and company systems to achieve goals within
the expected measurement of time.
- Organize team and manager meetings on a regular basis. Clearly
communicate company or policy changes with all restaurant
- Enforce company policies to include following all laws and
local regulations including work break and minor management.
Maintain accurate employee records submitted in a timely
- Report all complaints immediately and/or employee behavior
inconsistent with company policy.
- Promotes a safe and comfortable work environment that supports
inclusion and does not tolerate
- Manage food safety and other safety procedures, ensuring all
required postings are visible and displayed.
- Follow marketing plans and ensure the restaurant staff is
trained and prepared for promotions using the company
- Wear a headset to listen for how the team is interacting with
the guest and then praise, coach or re-direct when needed.
- Trouble-shoot basic equipment maintenance issues.
- Control labor by creating accurate sales projections, writing
balanced schedules, and ensuring employees are paid on time and
- Ensure day to day that all food safety compliance measures and
operational standards are upheld by the team.
- Communicate with the District Manager, Director of Operations,
and Restaurant Support Center when necessary. Answer emails and
document requests in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications and Skills
- Must be 18 years old or older to be a manager for Ambrosia
- Authorized to work in the United States and pass e-verify upon
- Required: Pass a criminal background check. Any offer of
employment from an external source is contingent on the outcome of
- Able to communicate with co-workers and supervisors
effectively, both verbally and by email.
- Engaged hands-on leadership style is a must with a strong focus
on growth and development of people.
- Ability to assess business needs and problem solve
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have familiarity with P&L statements and be able to
forecast financial goals using the tools provided.Education and
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Serv Safe Certificate.
- Must have 1-2 years of direct food/retail management
- Required: Driver's license and minimum state required
- Some experience using a POS system is preferred.Necessary Tools
- Hot kitchen equipment including but not limited to; toasters,
broilers, fryers, steam tables, warming units, ovens and microwaves
(safety equipment is provided and required to be worn when working
with designated equipment).
- Slicers, choppers, and corers (cutting gloves are provided and
required to be worn when working with specified equipment).
- Beverage equipment: soda/slushy machines, shake machines and
mixers, coffee makers and blenders for specialty beverages.
- POS systems; cash registers, time keeping equipment, back
office computer with Windows 10 operating system.
- Janitorial supplies: Brooms, dustpans, deck brushes, towels,
buckets, chemicals, toilet brushes, and dish washing supplies.
- Drive thru headsets to be worn for extended periods of time
throughout the entire workday.Physical
Requirements:Lifting:NeverSeldom1-33% of shiftOccasionally34-66% of
shiftContinuously67-100% of shift1-10 pounds7011-20 pounds2021-50
pounds1050 or more poundsxMax # lifted by team member without
assistance -50 lbs.; lifts over 50 lbs. should be done with two or
more people.Carrying1-10 pounds7011-20 pounds2021-50 pounds1050 or
more poundsxMax # carried by worker without assistance -50 lbs.;
items exceeding 50 lbs. should be done so with 2 or more
people.Pushing/pulling force to be Exerted:1-10 pounds6011-20
pounds2021-50 pounds2050 or more poundsxMax # pushed/pulled by
worker without help-50 lbs.; max distance 200 feet on level cement
or tile with 1 or 2 steps.NeverSeldom 1-33% of shiftOccasionally
34-66% of shiftContinuously 67-100% of
surfacexWalk/uneven surfacexClimb stepsxClimb LadderxWork at
heightsxReach at or above shouldersxReach below ShouldersxUse of
armsxUse of hands/wristsxGrasping/SqueezingxOperate foot
controlsxEnvironmentNOYESInside90% of shiftOutside10% of
shiftTemperature ExtremesXVibrationXWork on or around moving
machinery or mechanical partsxPersonal Protective Equipment
(PPE):Apply NowLegal First Name*Legal Last Name*Email*PhoneATTACH
improve your experience. If you are a California resident, you may
be entitled to certain rights regarding your personal information.
Additional information about our data collection practices and
CookiesEquipment RequiredYESNOBootsxOil/Heat resistant for fryer
filterGlovesxOil/Heat resistant for fryer filterApronxOil/Heat
resistant for fryer filterFace ShieldxOil/Heat resistant for fryer
filterHeat Resistant GlovesxOil/Heat resistant for fryer filterCut
resistant glovesxFor slicing equipment
Keywords: FOR NORTHWEST, Springfield , Restaurant General Manager 9243 Main Street and vicinity, Executive , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!